Friday, April 13, 2007

Bill McKibben Interview on Worldchanging.com site

Bill McKibben, who has written "Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future" was interviewed by the folks at the worldchanging.com site. Here is a link to the interview:
http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/006451.html

Here also is a link to Bill McKibben's home page:
http://www.billmckibben.com/

Of particular interest to me in the interview is the discussion about the changes taking place in China and whether China will follow a European or American model regarding energy consumption.

My friend, Rudy DiGilio, is just back from China and he has said he will be happy to participate in the RR when the time comes: either virtually or in person. His perspective will be one that will be very interesting as he has travelled extensively in various parts of China and I think that he will be able to address perhaps some differences even within the country. I think we tend to think of China as "one place" perhaps the way we view a city or a state, but saying that all of China is alike is like saying that Miami, Florida, USA is the same as Juneau, Alaska, USA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea that someone who has traveled in a country as diverse as China will give a talk about his perceptions of the "flat world."

I like your site and look forward to more postings.
RCos/cl

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea of hearing someone who has traveled in a place as diverse as China give his perspective on the "flat world."

I like your site Beverly!

rcos/cl

Anonymous said...

Hey Beverly, this is my first blog post. Your site is coming along great!

James